Jay-Z, B3 and Empire State Of Mind



After living with 'The Blueprint 3' for a few weeks now, I've realised that some of the stuff on it is seriously ahead if it's time.

Songs such as 'Off that', 'Empire State of Mind', 'Haters', 'Run This Town' and 'D.O.A' carry a lot of weight when considering how they are produced and put together. I didn't quite get them at first, but they have grown on me now.

Other songs like 'On To Next One' and 'Thank You' bring out the clever word play Jay-Z is notorious for, and show case his intelligent ability to make you chuckle at the simplist of verses.

The rest of the album is ok, but it's probably one of the most complete hip hop albums for some time. One that I was glad lived up to it's hype.

My favourite song off B3 is 'Empire State of Mind'. I love the imagery and descriptive verbage Jay-Z spits out; accompanied with the angelic tones of Alicia Keys throughout each chorus. Plus the whole New York lyrical landscaping is done quite well I think.

The buzz surrounding B3 is still about, and the fire is still persistently burning for Jay-Z (as it always has done for many of us). Enjoy.
0 Responses

Post a Comment