Klaxons - Flashover


3 years since the last Klaxons stuff - and it's fair to say 'Myths of the near Future' was a roaring success as far as indie-disfunctional-new-rave-hypnotic-acid-beats was concerned.

This new tune however... well, it's a bit more... erm, samey? I'm not sure - but it sounds similar to 'Magick', 'Atlantis to Interzone' and 'Totem on The Timeline'? Can't say it's a massive change of direction; however I don't think the Klaxons formula needs meddling with to be honest. I was all for the psychedelic-hippy-grime'a'tronic music from the last record. It was a brilliant journey into their imagination and way of doing things.

I think after the third spin, I was humming it and nodding my head to the heavy riff and 'weeee-woooowww' bits in my head too. Dirty beat'age with lots of slimy riff'age and techno-art-funk graffiti-trance is how I would best describe this tune.

A good return to the much needed boring indie music scene of late (well, bar the new Foals record by the way).

I think it's looking positive for these boys, and if this tune is anything to go by, the new album will deliver.

The future is bright.... The future is new rave?! (or is that dead now...)

0 Responses

Post a Comment