Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown


OK, so who's got the new Kings of Leon record 'Come Around Sundown' - well, I have and after all the hype and general hysteria... it's OK... no really, it's just 'alright'.

Nothing ground breaking, nothing over the top, nothing too far out - just a nice 'in the middle of the road' record for none offensive listening types.

It doesn't pull at your heart strings, it won't make you think deep serious thoughts, and it wont make you wanna 'rock out with your c$ck out!' - but hey, I bet all KOL fans will love this record.

I've got a few faves already; namely Beach Side, Radioactive, No Money, The Face and Back Down South. These are simple songs with no fancy stuff - no extra trimmings, no fancy buckles and no fireworks. Plain and simple KOL folks... but I never said that was a bad thing?

I love these guys and I'll probably be one of those guys who will always run for the next KOL record on release day, but it's not the most exciting album on the block right now.

Give it a listen - or as I have done, listen to the short interviews they've released out there. This one above is about my fave-bestest-loveliest song on the record, Beach Side.

It's simple, flat pack assembly tune'age for the not so fussy people... with a bit of a tendency to make you shake yo' hips to doll ;)
1 Response
  1. sobia Says:

    As much as I love KoL I still think they just can't beat Aha Shake Heartbreak. Like you say, the new album is just okay, but they are so much better than that! I hate it when fame gets to the band.


Post a Comment