Meiko Kaji - The Flower of Carnage


So if you loved the Kill Bill score that RZA did, then you know there were some very varied and wide ranging songs on there. One in particular that stood out in my mind was a song by Meiko Kaji.

I'll be honest - I'd never heard of the lady, let alone wonder what era/genre her music fell in. However, being the open minded varied dude that I am, I gave it a few spins and realised something very quickly.

This music is beautifully deep and rich in swooping strings and soft flutes throughout. Her voice is mesmerising - absolutely heartfelt all the way.

The movie was a blast, the performances memorable, and the score was awesome too. But this song - this song opened up my mind to a new kind of music.

The flower of carnage is anything but; more like delicate petals showering your face on a crisp spring morning.

... It's just beautiful really :)
0 Responses

Post a Comment