How rubbish are the Arctic Monkeys now?! Very, I say



I was quite addicted to the Arctic Monkeys on their past two albums, but I'm simply disgusted with their latest offering, 'Humbug'.

I guess when you're one of the biggest bands in the UK and you've sold shed loads of albums, the logical thing to do is... Erm,.. Alienate your fans and put out a dreary dull dishwater album, to only satisfy your own ego?! I don't get it at all.

I can't understand how their management allowed this to happen, but I guess it's a clever way to see who your real fans are? The one's who stick it out for you.

I can't be bothered with the lack of clever rhyming couplets and wicked imagery on this new album, which they had on their past two albums.

It's just a more slow tempo pedestrian album, which at times does have clever delivery and possibly mercurial timing on Alex Turner's part - but it's not enough to forgive them.

I think they're losing the plot to be honest, perhaps there are quite a few AM fans who may well agree with me.

Or maybe I just don't get them anymore...
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I agree!! I wrote a blogpost about it here . But you said what I wanted to say better that I ever could :)

    I bought Humbug and even downloaded it onto my iPod but I REALLY don't want to listen to it because I can't bear to be disappointed by my (ex) all time fave band.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Oh and do a review on Biffy Clyro!! Would love to know what you think :)


  3. Jack P Says:

    I agree, the Arctic Monkeys represent sum up all that's bad about indie at the moment.


Post a Comment