DJ Shadow - Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt


When I was about 15 years old, I thought trip hop music was the future and they way forward for everything!... Nothing touched it and everything else was rubbish. I was spending all my pocket money on records by David Holmes, Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, PJ Harvey, Mr.Scruff and DJ Shadow.

DJ Shadow was the beginning and end of all things big beat trip-hop for me. I couldn't get enough of the clunky beats and breaks, the moody deathly drums, the jerky-awkwardness of his beats, and that always perfect pinpoint delivery he had with the 808 drum machine and decks was standard.

This tune was the killer one for me. It was the one that made me get all serious about big beat trip-hop music - and a decade on since, I'm still searching for music that makes me feel the same way ever since.

This is a real fave for my moody-bluesy evenings - nothing comes close to the drum machine surround scape soundtrack that is DJ Shadow.
0 Responses

Post a Comment